Tuesday 6 August 2013

26. Dogman walk


This time I wanted to move away from human realism of bipedal figures and try to achieve something more fantastical. Not quite a satyr (though I may do that later) this character is based on one of my dogmen from 10'000 characters project. 

The lower half is that of a canine while the top is relatively humanoid with some ape qualities. I did a purposeful walk with this figure, trying to keep it simple as the physics of 'tiptoe walk' would add another joint to be manipulated. On the pass position it's knee is almost touching the ground as a consequence. Shoulders and top back add a sway in order to balance the large body being held with small paws. The arms shoot forward parallel to the head, eye level giving it an impression of drag through the air. I think a walk on (short) stilts would be similar. A good and interesting exercise with potential for future exploration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate