Wednesday 3 July 2013

0.3 flight drop loop-de-loop


Onward with the plan. Today I did another blob. This time i concentrated on the speed of the movement and the overall weight of it. To give myself a bit more challenge a 'loop-de-loop' was initiated. I did the outline of the movement first.

There is a central mass of the blob, a type of musculature and this one is very strong as it's able to push itself off from the ground, A certain amount of squish and stick was given in the ground contact as well as the change of shape dependant of the trajectory the blob on in order to further describe the movement to the eye, making it a kind of super-blob.

In addition to this I added limbs. They describe the movement much better, accenting all the extremes. As the blob falls down, the limbs add an impression that it's speeding up with it's own intent and then they 'push' the blob further up.

I tried to see whether the movement can work in a 'stationery viewpoint' and unfortunately it does not seem to be the case. 

Important lessons learnt with the squash, stretch and twists of the figure. Some good recaps on the basics principals too. I think I'm ready to tackle the walk cycle again tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate