Thursday 4 July 2013

0.4 slouch, drag, lazy walk


Here we go: day 4 and back to the walk cycle!


 After exercises of last couple of days I felt I'm ready to dive into the walk cycle. So to understand anything we need to break it down into small bits. And then slow it down. With those in mind as well as large concentration of movement in walking is on legs (unless the character is doing hand walking, but maybe that is something for the future) I'll be working on a lazy walk. I'll try to get the character slouched, arms swinging and feet lazily dragging one in front of another with weight distribution falling just in front of its core and then sway back. 
This is a quick sketch of the character, and I'll be using different layers in order to concentrate on the bones and overall volumes of the walk.
As the walk is really slow this will be around 25 frames (I'm working on 2's).
I have animated this progressively, discovering every new step as I progressed onwards. i wanted to understand the weights and movement of every frame. In future I will use this knowledge to make my 'key' frames, hit extremes and do intelligent in-betweens. 


It took quite some time though and after an hour I had the walk cycle and a beginning of the body.
Once I looped the cycle and aligned it to centre there are some lazy dragging feet there. The movement comes from the hips as feet drag on the floor and create a nice flop.
Tomorrow I'll be adding the rest of the body keeping the 'discovery' sentiment. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate