Monday 8 July 2013

05. fun, whacky, esoteric walk


With this walk I wanted to remind myself of the fun and wackiness that early animation walks had for their audiences and for the animators working them out. I aimed to produce a happy walk full of swing. The limbs were rubbery whilst still retaining their skeletal structure and size ratio. There is a little hop in the character as the back foot alms touches his back, creating a nice negative space there, akin to Cocco Bill comics of Jacovitti. 
This time I put in the key frames first, creating a simple walk. Then I started playing with it, adding extremes and following with accents before inbetweening all of these. Result is a fun walk cycle of 32 frames. (still working on 2s)
Unfortunately this took a good hour, leaving me very little time to shape the torso and rest of the character. I decided to have a 'sand-bag' torso and to leave it at that fulfilling the aim of the exercise.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate