Wednesday 17 July 2013

12. slacker, swing walk



Breaking up the rigidity of last two sessions I decided to spend a little bit more time on this one and slow the movement down again. Doing a slacker like character and having a long slow step this could be achieved. I modelled this movement on Gaston by AndrĂ© Franquin, casting my mind back to childhood memories of the lovable but ingenious quintessential slacker. Lanky with a small lodge and a large head. 

The whole body would be moving. So to break it down I did the key frames first. Arms were simple as they were swinging with an rubbery bend, almost breaking. There is an added floppiness in the feet adding more to the relaxed attitude of the character as the foot lingers for one frame before flopping down. Initially with only a small head bob and hunched body the character seemed a bit down. Gaston was always happy and I wanted my slacker to be the same. 'Voila' a little swing of the body gave me the right emotion as the avian thin neck keeps the hunch throughout. There are 14 frames here per cycle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate